Master of Science in Athletic Training
The application for students interested in starting Summer 2023 opens June 1 in ATCAS. Priority deadline is November 15, 2022. Please click here to access the application service.
The Master of Science in Athletic Training (MSAT) program is an entry level master’s program that is designed to prepare students for the Board of Certification examination (BOC) and to prepare students for an entry level career in the prevention, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries.
The Department of Athletic Training at Central Methodist University would like to introduce you to the profession of Athletic Training and to our Athletic Training Program. Athletic Training is a specialized branch of sports medicine recognized by the American Medical Association as an allied health care profession. It deals with five areas of emphasis: (1) Injury/Illness Prevention and Wellness Protection. (2) Clinical Evaluation and Diagnosis. (3) Immediate and Emergency Care (4) Treatment and Rehabilitation and (5) Organizational and Professional Health and Well Being.
We are excited to discuss some of the finer points of our program. The following are what make CMU Athletic Training one of the finest programs in the country.
- 4,000+ square foot state of the art sports medicine facility that includes a classroom/laboratory space.
- We offer a wide variety of clinical experiences including high school, sports medicine clinic, military, industrial, university, and general medical experiences.
- We have an excellent reputation where employers consistently rate our students as extremely knowledgeable and highly qualified. Many of our students have received national and district scholarship honors.
- Digital classroom technology is provided to students through Apple iPad initiative.
- Graduates have obtained employment in colleges/universities, hospitals/ clinics, professional baseball, professional football, military, doctor’s offices, high schools, and Industrial Settings.
- We have an award-winning faculty and 15-1 student to faculty ratio which allows us to provide more one- on- one classroom /clinical attention.
Central Methodist University Athletic Training Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE), 2001 K Street NW, 3rd Floor North Washington, DC 20006.
Master of Science in Athletic Training Degree Program Offerings
This program is offered at the following locations:
What can I do with this major?
What can I do with a degree in Athletic Training? What workplace skills will I learn through this program? What about job and graduate school opportunities after I graduate? You can find the answers to these questions and more on the Athletic Training career resources page.
- Master of Science in Athletic Training - Fayette Campus
- BS Exercise Science, Pre-Athletic Training (3+2 Program) - Fayette Campus
- BS Exercise Science, Pre-Athletic Training - Fayette Campus
Other CMU Master's Programs
- Master of Education
- Master of Music Education
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing - Clinical Nurse Leader
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse Educator
- Master of Science in Clinical Counseling
- Master of Science in Mathematics
- Master of Science in Information Technology Management