Master of Science in Educational Administration
The Master of Science in Educational Administration program is designed for professional educators who want to develop their professional expertise and advance their careers as administrative (K-12) school leaders. Utilizing the field's most current research and accepted educational theories, this program prepares students for leadership roles as principals, special education directors, athletic directors, and career education directors* capable of making lasting impacts both in their schools and in the wider field of education.
*While this program may lead to superintendent certification, a superintendent certificate requires a minimum of an educational specialist degree.
Master of Educational Administration Offerings
This program is offered at the following locations:
About This Program
The MS in Educational Administration at CMU is designed for the growth and advancement of certified teachers into educational administrator roles. The program is available entirely online with the exception of field experience which must be completed with a school district.
- requires 33 hours of coursework which fulfill the standards and competencies of Missouri’s Professional Standards for Educational Leaders as prescribed by the state’s Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
- follows a non-cohort model that allows students to start the program during any semester.
- allows 9 hours of equivalent graduate level coursework from another accredited institution.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- 3.0 or higher cumulative undergraduate GPA
- 3 letters of recommendation from colleagues (teachers or administrators)
- Satisfactory completion of the 33 hours of coursework described below
- Cumulative 3.0 graduate GPA
- A maximum of two (2) grades below a C are allowed, but the overall GPA must be a minimum of 3.0.
- A permanent or professional Missouri teaching certificate;
- A minimum of three (3) years of classroom teaching experience approved by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (department);
- A score equal to or in excess of the qualifying score on the required exit assessment(s);
- Completion of a course in Psychology/Education of the Exceptional Child;
- A background clearance (If you hold an expired teaching certificate and have not receive a fingerprint background clearance within the past 12 months, you will need to do so.)
- Master of Science in Educational Administration - Online
Other CMU Master's Programs
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Education
- Master of Health Professions Education
- Master of Music Education
- Master of Science in Athletic Training
- Master of Science in Clinical Counseling
- Master of Science in Information Technology Management
- Master of Science in Mathematics
- Master of Science in Nursing: Clinical Nurse Leader or Nurse Educator