Master of Science in Mathematics
The demand for mathematicians is strong, and an advanced degree in math can make you even more in demand. CMU’s Master of Science in Mathematics (MSM) program is fully online…and at a very competitive tuition rate as well. Quality, convenience and affordability is an indisputable formula for success.
About This Program
Mathematicians are by nature pragmatic. The CMU MSM program has been carefully crafted to be practical, convenient, challenging, and rewarding:
- The Master of Science in Mathematics degree is a non-thesis program that includes thirty-two hours of coursework in theoretical and computational mathematics.
- All coursework is delivered online. Upon the completion of coursework, students are required to take exit exams, one written and one oral. The subjects on the exams are determined by the courses a particular student chose to complete the required 32 hours of coursework, and is comprehensive in terms of material from those courses. Students may either visit campus to take the exams, or arrangements can be made to take the written exam with a proctor and take the oral exam virtually.
- The program is designed to enable a student to secure a position in government or industry, pursue a doctorate degree or further a teaching career.
Other CMU Master's Programs:
- Master of Education
- Master of Music Education
- Master of Science in Clinical Counseling
- Master of Science in Nursing
Students wishing to pursue a Master of Science in Mathematics must meet the requirements for acceptance into the graduate math program.
College of Graduate and Extended Studies
- Brannock Hall