Many of our students know they have a passion for teaching, and even beyond that, know they would specifically excel while working with students in junior high and high school. If you know you want to teach, and have the desire to earn a secondary certification in a more specific field, CMU’s Secondary Education option is the right choice for you.
About This Program
Through the Secondary Education option, CMU students receive a degree with the option of secondary certification in Biology, Business, Chemistry, English, Mathematics, Physics, Social Science, or Speech/Theatre. Your experience will prepare you for what you can expect while teaching in these specified areas, and help you gain the skills needed for professional success.
As a CMU Secondary Education major, you will have opportunities to:
- build an in-demand skill set while taking classes that not only prepare you to be an educator, but enhance your knowledge in a specific area of study
- develop workplace skills that allow you to naturally analyze information, answer questions, communicate effectively, develop ideas, hold an audience’s attention, and encourage others to grow and learn
- participate in hands-on learning through projects, observational and field experiences, and internships
- become a candidate for employment who is highly desired for your creativity, leadership skills, and teaching abilities
- receive the preparation needed to earn an advanced degree
Other CMU Education Degrees
- Child Development
- Early Childhood Education
- Educational Studies
- Elementary Education
- Physical Education
- Middle School Education
- Special Education
- Master of Education
Admission to CMU is selective. Our admission staff carefully reviews and evaluates each application on an individual basis. Please review all requirements prior to applying for admission.
After being accepted to CMU, students wishing to pursue a degree in Education must meet the additional requirements for full acceptance into the program.