Middle School Education Degree Program
A young student’s educational development during middle school years prepares them for the many academic challenges they will soon face in high school and in college. This crucial time could make all the difference when it comes to future achievements. CMU’s Middle School Education major will make sure you’re ready to be a teacher, and instill the vital skills schools seek while searching for the perfect teacher.
About This Program
The Middle School Education major focuses around teaching methods, the development of middle-school age youth, and various class concentrations, depending which area of study you choose. At CMU, you can obtain your Bachelor of Science in Education degree with certification in Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, or Social Science.
As a CMU Middle School Education major, you will have opportunities to:
- develop workplace skills that allow you to naturally analyze information, answer questions, communicate effectively, develop ideas, hold an audience’s attention, and encourage others to grow and learn
- participate in hands-on learning through projects, observational and field experiences, and internships
- become a candidate for employment who is highly desired for your creativity, leadership skills, and teaching abilities
- receive the preparation needed to earn an advanced degree
Other CMU Education Degrees
- Child Development
- Early Childhood Education
- Educational Studies
- Elementary Education
- Physical Education
- Secondary Education
- Special Education
- Master of Education
Admission to CMU is selective. Our admission staff carefully reviews and evaluates each application on an individual basis. Please review all requirements prior to applying for admission.
After being accepted to CMU, students wishing to pursue a degree in Education must meet the additional requirements for full acceptance into the program.