Physics Degree Program
A background in mathematics with a desire to investigate problems from a logical and scientific perspective sets you up perfectly for the Physics major at CMU. Our physics students have a curiosity about matter and its motion through time and space, and are preparing to apply it to their professional careers.
Physics Degree Program Offerings
This program is offered at the following locations:
About This Program
The Physics major trains students on energy, motion, force and matter. Classes cover a wide range of areas such as calculus physics, analytic geometry, scientific instrumentation, quantum mechanics, chemistry, and quantitative analysis.
As a CMU Physics major, you will have opportunities to:
- participate in hands-on learning through research projects, laboratories, our own Morrison Observatory, and internships
- prepare for graduate school in physics, allied areas of science, engineering, and more
- gain the skills needed for in-demand professions in a variety of fields including physics, astronomy, biotechnology, nanotechnology, aerospace, education, and technology
- Bachelor of Arts in Physics - Fayette Campus
- Bachelor of Science in Physics - Fayette Campus
- Minor in Physics - Fayette Campus
Other CMU Physics Programs:
Admission to CMU is selective. Our admission staff carefully reviews and evaluates each application on an individual basis. Please review all requirements prior to applying for admission.