If you have an interest in health, genetics, and how bodies function, and want to prepare for advanced study or a career in a health-related field, CMU’s Biology major with a concentration in Pre-Health Professions is the educational foundation you’re looking for. Gain a deep understanding of the human body and its functions, and become ready to find professional success in health care.
Pre-Health Professions Offerings
This program is offered at the following locations:
About This Program
The Biology major with a concentration in Pre-Health Professions pairs the study of biology and chemistry to prepare you for a career in health-related areas including Medical, Dental, Pharmaceutical, and Veterinary. In your classes, you’ll be exposed to various forms of cutting-edge laboratory practice and studies – receiving the hands-on experience employers believe is vital in the candidates they seek.
As a CMU Biology major with a concentration in Pre-Health Professions, you will have opportunities to:
- develop in-demand skills as you take classes including Microbiology, Biochemistry, Human Anatomy, Genetics, and Histology
- become efficient in compiling data, presenting findings, and researching, calculating, and tabulating information
- take part in hands-on learning in laboratories, field experiences, and internships
- receive the preparation needed to earn an advanced degree
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, Pre-Health Professions - Fayette Campus
Other CMU Biology Programs:
- Biology - concentration in Wildlife Ecology and Conservation
- Environmental Science
- Marine Biology
- Middle School Education - Science Certification
- Secondary Education - Biology Certification
Admission to CMU is selective. Our admission staff carefully reviews and evaluates each application on an individual basis. Please review all requirements prior to applying for admission.