Master of Science in Clinical Counseling
The CACREP-accredited Master of Science in Clinical Counseling program is a professional development program designed to prepare graduates with knowledge and skills necessary to apply for licensure in Missouri as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC).
About This Program
- The MSCC program at CMU aims to graduate competent, socially conscious, reflective, evidence-based counselors who understand an individual's development through the life span and are able to meet the needs of a diverse society. In order to achieve that aim, counseling graduates are exposed to formal academic knowledge, applicable skills, and the clinical learning experiences.
- The MSCC program is 60 credit hours in length and may be completed in less than three calendar years through a full-time course of study.
- The MSCC program is CACREP-accredited as a clinical mental health program at all four locations.
- Graduates of this program will be employable in clinical counseling arenas such as correctional facilities, mental health centers, and psychiatric institutions, or be prepared to work in private practice.
Other CMU Master's Programs:
- Master of Education
- Master of Music Education
- Master of Science in Mathematics
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Students wishing to pursue a Master of Science in Clinical Counseling must meet the requirements for acceptance into the graduate counseling program.
Dr. Andrew Benesh
- Assistant Professor for MSCC Program-Columbia
- 573-234-1067 x12210
- Field Experience Coordinator, Clinical Counseling Center Director, and Assistant Professor
Dr. Theresa L. Keown
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Counseling, Director of the Master of Science in Clinical Counseling (MSCC), MSCC Program Coordinator - Park Hills
Dr. Angela Schubert
- MSCC Program Director of Online Learning - Assistant Professor
Dr. Jessica Z. Taylor
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Counseling; Director of Assessment of Master of Science in Clinical Counseling (MSCC) Program; MSCC Program Coordinator - St. Louis
College of Graduate and Extended Studies
- Brannock Hall