Religion & Church Leadership Degree Program
If you feel drawn to religion, and have a desire to lead others through the church, education, ministries, or other areas, turn your passion into a profession with CMU’s Religion and Church Leadership major. You will gain vital experience and knowledge in many areas - building the leadership skills and confidence needed to professionally lead others in faith.
Religion & Church Leadership Degree Program Offerings
This program is offered at the following locations:
About This Program
Through the Religion and Church Leadership major, you will receive an education designed to guide you in the leadership roles in the church. You will take a core set of classes that establish a foundation in biblical studies, and choose from a variety of electives in religion. You also will take classes from other disciplines – providing a well-rounded educational experience that sets you up for professional success.
As a CMU Religion & Church Leadership major, you will have opportunities to:
- take classes such as Philosophy of Religion, History of Christianity, World Cultures, Biblical Literature and the Ancient World, Explorations in Christian Thought, Old Testament, and New Testament
- develop a broad understanding of cultural and social dynamics, ethics, and religions throughout the world
- learn fundamental skills in communication and management so you are prepared to successfully lead programs in ministry, education, and other areas
- experience hands-on learning through projects, presentations, internships, and field experiences
- receive the preparation needed to earn an advanced degree
- BA or BS in Religion & Church Leadership - Fayette Campus
Other CMU Religion Programs:
Admission to CMU is selective. Our admission staff carefully reviews and evaluates each application on an individual basis. Please review all requirements prior to applying for admission.