Exercise Science Degree Program
If you feel passionate about fitness, nutrition, and injury prevention, and have an interest in building strength and improving athletic abilities in others, CMU’s Exercise Science major is what you’ve been looking for. Through this major, you will positively influence lives while developing programs that help individuals reach peak performance levels.
Exercise Science Degree Program Offerings
This program is offered at the following locations:
About our Exercise Science Program
The Exercise Science major will prepare you to pursue a career that applies scientific knowledge while training individuals to improve physical abilities. Additionally, you will be qualified to take the national exam to become a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS).
As a CMU Exercise Science major, you will have opportunities to:
- build in-demand skills while taking classes such as Physiology of Exercise, Advanced Exercise Science, Motor Learning and Development, and First Aid, Care, and Prevention of Athletic Injuries
- conduct sport-specific testing sessions, design and implement effective strength training and conditioning programs, and provide guidance regarding nutrition and injury prevention
- take part in hands-on learning during projects, labs, athletic events, and internship opportunities
- build a skill set that prepares you for a career in high school, college, and professional athletics, health care facilities, the military, and more
- receive the preparation needed to take the next step into graduate school
- Bachelor of Arts in Exercise Science - Fayette Campus
- Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science - Fayette Campus
- Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science + Master of Science in Athletic Training 3+2 Accelerated - Fayette Campus
The accelerated 3+2 Exercise Science and Master of Science in Athletic Training program allows students the opportunity to complete both an undergraduate and graduate degree in less time and/or fewer hours that a traditional route. For more information, please visit the program page.
Admission Requirements for Exercise Science Majors
Admission to CMU is selective. Our admission staff carefully reviews and evaluates each application on an individual basis. Please review all requirements prior to applying for admission.