Behavioral Health Program
Are you passionate about helping others in your community? Do you want to make a difference in the health care system where you live? If you are interested in making a difference in the lives of others, then you should consider a Bachelor of Science degree in Behavior Health. You will have the opportunity to learn about local, state, and federal regulations affecting individuals with mental health needs; communicating with clients and their families, as well as other health care providers; and locating community resources to support individuals in your own community.
Behavioral Health Offerings
This program is offered at the following locations:
About This Program
The Behavioral Health major focuses on research in the community mental health field. As a student in this major, you will have the opportunity to complete three internships where you will apply what you are learning in the online classroom. This program will prepare you for graduate studies in Psychology, Counseling, Applied Behavior Analysis, Social Work, and other areas.
As a CMU Behavioral Health major, you will have opportunities to:
- Apply what you are learning in your own community through internship experiences
- Learn and practice therapeutic and motivational communication techniques through case studies and class activities
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team to improve the lives of individuals with behavioral health needs
- Explore current research on mental health interventions for clients living in the community
- Identify community resources available to behavior health clients
- Receive the preparation needed to earn an advanced degree
Admission to CMU is selective. Our admission staff carefully reviews and evaluates each application on an individual basis. Please review all requirements prior to applying for admission.