Psychology Degree Program
Does human behavior fascinate you? Do you find yourself analyzing dreams, trying to understand human development, or curious about the way the mind functions? If these subjects interest you, you are a great fit for CMU’s Psychology major. You will learn about emotions, thoughts, and behaviors, while building an in-demand skill set that sets you up for success in a rewarding career.
About This Program
The Psychology major focuses around research in the fields of abnormal psychology, counseling, social processes, personality, and biological development. As a student in this major, you will have opportunities for practicum experiences and internships. This program is often used as the foundation for graduate studies in fields such as psychology, counseling, ministry, and other areas.
As a CMU Psychology major, you will have opportunities to:
- enhance your skills while taking classes such Cognitive Processes and Applications, Health Psychology, Sensation and Perception, Personality, Introduction to Counseling, Social Psychology, and more
- participate in hands-on learning through projects, practicum experiences, research presentations, and internships
- obtain the educational background desired by employers in fields such as human services, mental health, criminal justice, and education
- receive the preparation needed to earn an advanced degree
- Associate of Arts in Psychology - CLAS, CGES
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology - CLAS, CGES
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology - CLAS, CGES
- minors in Psychology are also available - CLAS, CGES
Admission to CMU is selective. Our admission staff carefully reviews and evaluates each application on an individual basis. Please review all requirements prior to applying for admission.