Do you believe education and physical activity are important? Turn your passion for wellness and your desire to teach into a career through CMU’s Physical Education major. This program will pair health sciences and practical teaching skills to provide you with the professional experience needed for success. You will not only make a difference in the lives of those you educate, but feel satisfaction and accomplishment while doing so.
About This Program
The Physical Education major prepares you to be a leader in education as you promote healthy, active lifestyles. Through classes that focus around physical and cognitive concepts, you will gain abilities schools look for through classroom and hands-on learning experiences.
As a CMU Physical Education major, you will have opportunities to:
- take classes such as Teaching Team Sports, Nutrition and Athletic Performance, Methods and Techniques for Tests and Measurements in Physical Education, and Physiology of Exercise
- gain knowledge and proficiency in developing lesson plans, and physical education and health strategies
- take part in hands-on learning during projects, labs, athletic events, and off-campus practicum experiences
- build a skill set that prepares you for a successful career in physical education, as well as other areas of athletics, such as coaching and athletics administration
- receive the preparation needed to earn an advanced degree
Other CMU Education Degrees
- Child Development
- Early Childhood Education
- Educational Studies
- Elementary Education
- Middle School Education
- Secondary Education
- Special Education
- Master of Education
Admission to CMU is selective. Our admission staff carefully reviews and evaluates each application on an individual basis. Please review all requirements prior to applying for admission.
After being accepted to CMU, students wishing to pursue a degree in Education must meet the additional requirements for full acceptance into the program.