Criminal Justice Degree Program
Do legal issues, criminal behavior, and investigation processes spark your interest? At CMU, you could be one of the many students who are taking steps toward an exciting and rewarding career through our Criminal Justice major.
About our Criminal Justice Degree Program
The Criminal Justice major focuses on many different areas covering everything from law in American society to serial crime and profiling. You will build the skills needed to develop into a real-world professional, demonstrating your knowledge of criminal law, policing, and the legal system as a whole.
As a CMU Criminal Justice major, you will have opportunities to:
- utilize your skills across many related areas including law, criminal behavior, fraud, profiling, investigation, and social deviance
- take part in hands-on learning in courts, prisons, and crime scene areas
- develop a deep understanding of the legal system while building a skill set that prepares you for a career in law enforcement, criminal justice administration, forensic science, corrections management, and other areas
- receive the preparation needed to take the next step into law or graduate school
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice - Fayette Campus, Online / Statewide
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice - Fayette Campus, Online / Statewide
- minors in Criminal Justice are also available - Fayette Campus, Online / Statewide
Admission Requirements for Criminal Justice Majors
Admission to CMU is selective. Our admission staff carefully reviews and evaluates each application on an individual basis. Please review all requirements prior to applying for admission.