Higher Education Act: Consumer Information
Central Methodist University provides the following links to help students and parents make informed decisions about attending CMU in Fayette or at our numerous regional sites.
- General Institutional Information
- CMU Factbook, 2018-19
- Facilities and Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Diversity
- Net-Price Calculator
- Refund Policy and Requirements for Withdrawal
- Return of Federal Financial Aid
- Textbook Information
- Education Program: CLAS-Undergraduate, CGES-Undergraduate, Graduate
- Copyright Policy
- Instructional Facilities
- Faculty to Student Ratio - 1:16
- All Faculty List
- Transfer of Credit Policies
- Articulation Agreements
- Accreditation, Approval, and Licensure of Institution Programs
- Constitution Day: CMU celebrates Constitution Day each year. This day commemorates the formation and signing of the U.S. Constitution on September 17, 1787, "recognizing all who, are born in the U.S. or by naturalization, have become citizens." Educational institutions receiving Federal funds are required by law to hold an educational program on the United States Constitution for Constitution Day.
- Technology Acceptable Use Policy
- Study Abroad: General Policy, Financial Aid Policy
- Student Financial Aid (CMU Financial Aid: 660-248-6245, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Notice of Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
- Contact Information and Assistance in Obtaining Institutional or Financial Aid Information.
- Assistance Available from Federal, State, Local, and Institutional Programs
- Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations
- Student Loan Information
- Initial Loan Counseling for Student Borrowers
- Exit counseling for Student Borrowers
- Institutional Code of Conduct for Education Loans
- Historical Lender List
- Preferred Lender Arrangements: not applicable
- Institutional Default Rates
2012 Official 3-yr cohort default rate is 8.4%
2013 Official 3-yr cohort default rate is 7.4%
2014 Official 3-yr cohort default rate is 7.0%
- FAFSA Verification
- Standards of Academic Progress
- Health and Safety
- Statement of Nondiscrimination: Central Methodist University does not unlawfully discriminate
on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law,
including race, religion, gender, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation,
marital status, veteran status or disability, in the administration of its educational
policies, admission, financial assistance, employment, educational programs or activities.
The following office has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination
policies: Office of Human Resources
Central Methodist University, 411 CMU Square, Fayette, MO 65248, 660-248-6680
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program: CMU fully supports all state and federal
laws and local ordinances regulating the sale and possession of alcoholic beverages.
The possession and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages by students or their guests
and the use, possession, or distribution of narcotics or other dangerous and illegal
drugs on CMU property is strictly prohibited. It is the responsibility of the officers
and members of each student organization to see that those in attendance at their
social functions and meetings conduct themselves in accordance with CMU regulations.
Use of alcohol and other drugs has been shown to be a health risk. The campus counselor
is trained and available to help students with these issues.
Violation of this policy may result in discharge or other discipline in accordance with University policies and procedures.
- Vaccination Policy
- Campus Security
- Background Checks
- Fire Safety Policies
- Fire Statistics and Fire Log
- Clery Report Information for all campuses
- Emergency Response Plan: Central Methodist University’s Emergency Operations Plan
includes information about the Emergency Response Team; Situations and Assumptions;
Concept of Operations; Phases of Emergency Planning; Types of Crisis, Emergency Notification
Plan; Organization and Assignment Responsibilities, Administration and Logistics;
Building Evacuation Procedures, Plan Review and Maintenance. University Departments
assisted by University Safety are responsible for developing contingency plans and
continuity of operations plans for their staff and areas of responsibility.
The University conducts numerous emergency response exercises each year, such as a table top exercise, fire drills, field exercises, and tests of the mass emergency notification systems at all primary campuses. These tests are designed to assess and evaluate the emergency plans and capabilities of the institution.
When a serious incident occurs that causes an immediate threat to the campuses, the first responders to the scene are normally Campus Safety, local law enforcement, fire and emergency medical services. Typically, these agencies respond and work together to manage the incident. Depending on the nature of the incident, other Central Methodist Departments and other state or federal agencies could also be involved in responding to the incident.
General information about the emergency response and evacuation procedures for all Central Methodist University locations are publicized each year as part of the institution’s Clery Act compliance efforts. This information is contained in the Central Methodist University Annual Security Report: Safety Reports & Training
- Student Outcomes
- Retention Rates
- College of Liberal Arts & Sciences: 66.3% average over last three years: 67.6 (2016-17); 66.4% (2015-16); 65% (2014-15)
- College of Graduate & Extended Studies: mostly accepts transfer students and has a very small number of first-time full-time freshmen. In the Fall of 2015, the first-time full-time freshmen were 0.57% of the incoming students. The Fall of 2015 was the first time CMU-CGES had students begin as first-time students. Of the three students who are in the 2015 IPEDS reportable cohort there was a 0% retention rate. This cohort is too small to break down by gender and race.
- Graduation Rates
- Career Outcomes Rate (reported by calendar year)
- 2015: 70% Employed, 15% Continuing Education, 3% Service/Military, 6% Still Seeking Employment - 93% Knowledge Rate
- 2016: 76% Employed, 6% Still Seeking Employment, 12% Continuing Education - 95% Knowledge Rate
- 2017: 70% Employed, 19% Continuing Education, 2% Service/Military - 94% Knowledge Rate
- Employment and Graduate School data, 2015
- Retention Rates
- Voter Registration
- IPEDS, Student Outcomes, and Assessment Data
- 2016 CLAS Feedback Report, 2016 CGES Feedback Report
- 2016-17 CMU Undergraduate Student Outcomes Assessment Report
- 2016-17 CMU Graduate Student Outcomes Assessment Report
- Nursing Program Assessment
- Athletic Training Program