The Study of
Biology is the study of life. From biospheres, ecosystems, and biological communities to organisms, cells, and organelles, biology offers students the opportunity to delve broadly and deeply into the science of living systems. CMU Biology majors receive excellent preparation for a wide variety of careers, combining classroom-based concepts with hands-on laboratory experience, along with strong analysis, reasoning, and communication skills.
About This Program
The Biology major prepares students for graduate school in the biological sciences. It also prepares students to enter any of the professional fields related to medicine, teaching, and other areas including economic, industrial, and applied biology.
As a CMU Biology major, you will have opportunities to:
- interact with science faculty who are experts in their fields, as they serve as mentors to help guide your academic and professional success
- develop skills as you receive hands-on experience both in laboratories and in the field
- complete either a capstone internship or a research project
- receive the preparation needed to further your education in graduate school
Other CMU Biology Programs:
- Biology: Pre-Health Sciences
- Biology: Marine Biology
- Biology: Molecular Biology
- Biology: Wildlife Ecology and Conservation
- Environmental Science - Biology
- Middle School Education - Science Certification
- Secondary Education - Biology Certification
Admission to CMU is selective. Our admission staff carefully reviews and evaluates each application on an individual basis. Please review all requirements prior to applying for admission.
Office of Admissions
- 411 Central Methodist Square
- Fayette Missouri 65248
- (Toll-free) 877-CMU-1854