Criminal Justice Resources
Credo Reference: An excellent full-text integrated reference database. Contains linked searching to other resources and visual concept mapping. The BEST place to start!
Criminal Justice Abstracts w/Full-text: A collection of CJ journals, most with full-text. Available through EBSCO and Central Search.
Central Search: A one stop shop for searching almost all library and database content. Uses simple searching and full-text linking to get you to resources faster!
- Search the entire interface, including ebooks
- Combine terms using AND, OR and NOT EX: "juvenile and justice" will return results with both terms, "juvenile or adolescent" will look for both terms. "Juvenile not drugs" will get rid of anything about drugs.
- Clickable boxes for peer-reviewed and full-text content
- Easily save, print, or email marked records and create citations for your bibliography.
- Use our interlibrary loan form to order articles that are not full-text:
Lexis/Nexis: Academic Universe includes business, legal and medical journals as well as major newspapers from around the world. All content is full-text, but may not be scholarly. Contains legal information searchable by topic, court, year, or case
Forensic Science: An electronic reference work from Salem Press devoted to criminal justice and forensic science. Full-text and scholarly.
Use the AVALON and Mobius catalogs
AVALON catalog includes CMU, Mo Valley, UCM and State Fair. Items from AVALON usually arrive in 2-3 days and check out for 1 month.
MOBIUS catalog is state wide; items requested arrive in 5-7 days and check out for 3 weeks. Request items from off-campus using your name and student ID number.
Smiley Memorial Library
- 411 Central Methodist Square
- Fayette Missouri 65248
- (Toll-free) 877-CMU-1854