Emergency Contact Numbers
Dial 911 from any land line or mobile phone
Fayette Police 911: 660-248-3605
Ambulance 911: 660-248-2220
Important Campus Phone Numbers
Security: 660-202-0848, monitored 24/7
Residence Hall Director on Call: 660-888-8877
Office of Student Development: 660-248-6223 (M-F: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
Plant Operations: 660-248-6295 (M-F: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
Campus Safety Information
Mission Statement: To provide a safe and secure environment conducive to promoting a respectful and educational atmosphere for all members and quests of the campus community.
Central Methodist University fulfills this mission by providing security services through Plant Operations. Using a combination of foot and vehicle patrols throughout all shifts, security officers are continuously visible on campus as a deterrent to crime. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Campus patrol
- Response to emergency situations on campus
- Reporting and documenting criminal activity on campus property
- Fire system evaluation, testing and monitoring
- Coordination with law enforcement agencies and other emergency services
- Safety/mechanical system monitoring for all campus buildings
- Identify, assess and address possible safety hazards on campus property
- Collect lost and found property and maintain inventory of items
Wayne Morse, assistant director of plant operations, may be reached by email email@example.com, phone at 660-248-6298, or in person at the Plant Operations Building during normal business hours. Safety and security concerns or related issues may be referred to him at any time.
Parking Permits and Enforcement
Campus parking permits are handled through the office of student development. Plant Operations is responsible for enforcing parking regulations and the appeals process.
Unfortunately, criminal activity occurs on university campuses. To assist in keeping students, parents and employees well informed about campus security and safety, the student Right-To-Know and Clery Act requires the University to disclose crime and fire statistics for specific crimes.