Graduate School - Essay Tips
Writing an essay that will tip the scales in your favor.
- Use graduate level language to explain undergraduate accomplishments
- Name drop and show your knowledge, i.e. name professors at your targeted institutions, mention research specialties, etc.
- Name advisors (under the guidance of)
- Name a few major thinkers in the field
- Exposure to field trace why youre interested in the field, and what related experiences youve had.
- Goals for future, short and long term
- Research interests specifics
- Address the school What attracted you to this particular program?
- Prove your qualifications Discuss concrete experiences that show your abilities and qualities. Address weak areas and what you are doing to strengthen them.