Veterans & Military
Central Methodist University appreciates the sacrifice made by our military men and women and their family members. We are honored to serve you in any way we can through advancing your education.
Veterans who believe they may be eligible for benefits can receive information and applications through Kelsey Grimm (660-248-6236). Educational assistance is also provided to widows or children of veterans who died in service or as a result of service-related injuries. Spouses and children of disabled veterans may also be eligible for assistance.
We can provide help with:
Degree program selection
Delivery format of classes (on-campus, extended sites, online)
Yellow Ribbon questions
VA Benefits Program / The GI Bill
There are additional education benefits and scholarships (including Yellow Ribbon benefits) available for veterans of active military service.GI Bill Information
Certificate of Eligibility
In order for us to certify your enrollment, we need your Certificate of Eligibility.
In compliance with Section 103 of the Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018, Central Methodist University will not impose the following penalties to covered individuals* due to the delayed disbursement of funding from the Department of Veteran Affairs:
- • preventing nor delaying the student’s enrollment,
- • the assessment of late fees,
- • the denial of access to any resources available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fees bills to the institution, including but not limited to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities,
- • or require the student to secure alternative or additional funding
To qualify for this provision, such students are required to:
- • Produce a Certificate of Eligibility**;
- • Complete the Request for Certification Form
- • Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as required by the Primary School Certifying Official.
This provision ends on the earlier of the following dates:
- • The date on which payment from the VA is made to the institution
- • 90 days after the date the institution certified tuition and fees following the receipt of the Certificate of Eligibility
*Covered individual is defined as any individual who is entitled to educational assistance under Chapter 31, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment, or Chapter 33, Post 9/11 G.I. Bill®
**Certificate of Eligibility is defined as a Certificate of Eligibility, a Statement of Benefits, or a VAF 28-1905
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill
Office of Admissions
- 411 Central Methodist Square
- Fayette Missouri 65248