Civic Engagement Award
Service is a distinguishing feature of the Central Methodist University education. The Civic Engagement program brings together mission and action, as students learn to lead through service. Students that have a passion for engaging their communities, wish to have opportunities for leadership in serving, and want to belong to a group of excited and engaged individuals are welcome to apply for this opportunity.
As members of the Civic Engagement program, students will receive a scholarship award of $2,500.00 each academic year. Leadership opportunities will be made available through developing service projects both on and off campus.
In order to be eligible for this award, an individual in good academic standing with the university must complete a CMU Civic Engagement Application, complete a personal interview with the Director of the Center for Faith and Service, and meet the program expectations.
This scholarship is for new transfer students and first time freshmen only.
CMU Civic Engagement students must maintain at least a cumulative 2.0 grade point average.
Civic Engagement students will be expected to:
- Meet monthly with the Coordinator of Civic Engagement
- Participate in the annual Service Day
- Complete 30-40 hours per semester of assigned service and
- leadership (average 10 hrs. a month)
- Engage in service events throughout the academic year
- Conduct themselves as a social, ethical leader
Civic Engagement Outcomes
- Awareness of personal strengths and areas to grow
- Connection and involvement to CMU community and beyond
- Knowledge of community needs and assets
- Ability to plan for future service activities
- Advancement in organization skills
Civic Engagement Scholarship Application