Accelerated Nursing Admission Requirements
The application deadline for the next cohort is December 1st, 2018.
Selection of students for the ABSN program is based on the following criteria:
- Complete an application to Central Methodist University College of Graduate and Extended Studies - Columbia site and to the ABSN program
- A BA or BS degree in any field from an accredited college or university (official
transcripts must be submitted from ALL colleges or universities attended)
- Send official transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the CGES Office of the Registrar (411 Central Methodist Square, Fayette MO 65248)
- Transcripts issued to student are NOT accepted.
- Completion of the following prerequisite courses with a minimum grade of "C" or better:
Anatomy with lab, Physiology with lab, Chemistry, Microbiology with lab, and College
Algebra OR Statistics. Students must have earned a B in Pathophysiology.
- NOTE: Students must have earned a grade of "C" or better in no more than two (2) attempts per course and must have earned a Science (all of the listed prerequisites except College Algebra or Statistics) sub-cumulative GPA of at least 2.5.
- Prerequisites must be completed prior to beginning the program in June.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for all college coursework
- Two letters of recommendation that address the student's character, work ethic, motivation, and general ability to complete an intensive course of study. Please submit letters of reference electronically to email@example.com and must come directly from the individual writing the recommendation. Letters can also be mailed to Heather Dougherty, CMU-Columbia 1400 Forum Blvd Suite 4, Columbia Mo 65203.
- A personal interview with members of the nursing faculty. The ABSN application and
transcripts must be received prior to the interview and completed between August 1st and December 1st, 2018.
- This interview must be completed by December 1, of the current year. Contact Heather Dougherty via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via phone at 573-447-3311 ext 442.
- Completion of the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) V (administered by the
nursing department for a nominal fee) with a minimum score of 70 in the areas of "reading"
- The TEAS is offered on the Fayette campus typically in late Fall and early Spring of each academic year. For exact dates and times contact Heather Dougherty.
The CMU Nursing Department does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or federally defined disability in its recruitment and admission of students.