Accelerated Nursing Admission Requirements
The application deadline for the next co-hort is December 15, 2017.
Selection of students for the ABSN program is based on the following criteria:
- Complete an application to Central Methodist University and to the ABSN program
- A BA or BS degree in any field from an accredited college or university (official
transcripts must be submitted from ALL colleges or universities attended)
- Send official transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org OR CGES Office of the Registrar (411 Central Methodist Square, Fayette MO 65248)
- Transcripts issued to student are NOT accepted.
- Completion of the following prerequisite courses with a minimum grade of "C" or better:
Anatomy with lab, Physiology with lab, Chemistry, Microbiology with lab, and College
Algebra OR Statistics.
- NOTE: Students must have earned a grade of "C" or better in no more than two (2) attempts per course and must have earned a Science (all of the listed prerequisites except College Algebra or Statistics) sub-cumulative GPA of at least 2.5.
- Pre-requisites must be completed prior to begining the program in June.
- Completion of the following prerequisite course of Pathophysiology with a minimum grade of a “B” or better.
- It is strongly recommended that students complete Pathophysiology prior to admission to the program; however, with prior approval from the Program Coordinator and the Provost, students may be provisionally admitted to the program and take Pathophysiology concurrently with their first set of nursing (NU) courses. Students must earn a minimum grade of B in Pathophysiology to progress beyond the first set of nursing courses.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for all college coursework
- Two letters of recommendation that address the student's character, work ethic, motivation, and general ability to complete an intensive course of study. Please submit letters of reference electronically to email@example.com and must come directly from the individual writing the recommendation. Letters can also be mailed to Heather Dougherty, CMU-Columbia 1400 Forum Blvd Suite 4, Columbia Mo 65203.
- A personal interview with members of the nursing faculty
- This interview must be completed by December 1, of the current year. Contact Heather Dougherty via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via phone at 573-447-3311 ext 442.
- Completion of the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) V (administered by the
nursing department for a nominal fee) with a minimum score of 70 in the areas of "reading"
- The TEAS is offered on the Fayette campus typically in late Fall and early Spring of each academic year. For exact dates and times contact Debbie Lackland at 660-248-6359.
The CMU Nursing Department does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or federally defined disability in its recruitment and admission of students.