Credo Reference: An excellent full-text integrated reference database. Contains linked searching to other resources and visual concept mapping. The BEST place to start!
Humanities Source: A large general subject humanities database with many journals in full-text and coverage in literature and language.
JSTOR Language and Literature: A selection of full-text journals in areas of language and literature research. All content is scholarly and full-text.
Central Search: A one stop shop for searching almost all library and database content. Uses simple searching and full-text linking to get you to resources faster!
- Combine terms using AND, OR and NOT EX: "adolescents and athletics" will return results with both terms, "adolescents or teenagers" will return results with either term, and "education not educators" will get rid of anything about educators.
- Clickable boxes for peer-reviewed and full-text content
- Easily save, print, or email marked records and create citations for your bibliography.
- Narrow your search with clickable icons, or choose a specific subject area
- Clickable selectors for peer-reviewed resources and full-text.
- Use our interlibrary loan form to order articles that are not full-text.
Magill's Literary Annuals: Collections of book reviews and supplemental materials organized by year.
Lexis/Nexis: Academic Universe includes business, legal and medical journals as well as major newspapers from around the world. All content is full-text, but may not be scholarly!
Use the AVALON and Mobius catalogs
AVALON catalog includes CMU, Mo Valley, UCM and State Fair. Items from AVALON usually arrive in 2-3 days and check out for 1 month.
MOBIUS catalog is state wide; items requested arrive in 5-7 days and check out for 3 weeks. Request items from off-campus using your name and student ID number.