Chemistry & Physics Resources
Central Search: A one stop shop for searching almost all library and database content. Uses simple searching and full-text linking to get you to resources faster!
- Search using basic keyword searching, advanced searching to combine terms, or browse by publication name, author, or subject area.
- Combine terms using AND, OR and NOT EX: "diabetes and children" will return results with both terms, "diabetes or blood sugar" will return results with either term, and "diabetes not children" will get rid of anything about children.
- Clickable tabs for peer-reviewed and PDF articles
- Easily save, print, or email marked records and create citations for your bibliography.
Academic Search Premier: A large multi-disciplinary database, with many journals in full-text and coverage in the sciences.
- General searching techniques and format, including keyword and advanced searching
- Guided subject searching for better results
- Use left column search guides to refine your search
- Use our interlibrary loan form to order articles that are not full-text.
Science Reference Center: a comprehensive research database that provides easy access to a multitude of full text science-oriented content.
- Contains full text for nearly 640 science encyclopedias, reference books, periodicals, etc.
- Topics covered include: biology, chemistry, earth & space science, environmental science, health & medicine, history of science, life science, physics, science & society, science as inquiry, scientists, technology and wildlife.
Public Library of Science: an open access collection of academic science resources
Credo Reference: An excellent full-text integrated reference database. Contains linked searching to other resources and visual concept mapping.
Use the AVALON and Mobius catalogs
Quest catalog includes CMU, Mo Valley, UCM and State Fair. Items from AVALON usually arrive in 2-3 days and check out for 1 month.
MOBIUS catalog is state wide; items requested arrive in 5-7 days and check out for 3 weeks. Request items from off-campus using your name and student ID number.
Specific company names will not return many results, so try to use broader terms.