Master of Music Education
The Master of Music Education (MME) program is designed for professional music educators who want to develop their pedagogical expertise and advance their career without taking time away from their classroom. The program promotes practical application of advanced teaching techniques, developing a deeper understanding of musical interpretation, and investigating current issues in music education.
About This Program
The MME program at CMU is primarily designed for the growth and advancement of teaching professionals:
- The Master of Music Education program is designed for students to enroll in nine or ten credit hours over the course of three consecutive summers.
- The MME program is a hybrid program. Most coursework takes place online. Students are required to be on the Fayette campus one day per each hour of credit during the Summer session.
- All music degrees at CMU are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).
Other CMU Master's Programs:
- Master of Education
- Master of Science in Clinical Counseling
- Master of Science in Mathematics
- Master of Science in Nursing
Students wishing to pursue a Master of Music Education must meet the requirements for acceptance into the graduate music education program.