Information for Alumni
Becoming an alumnus should never be the end of your relationship with CMU. As a Central graduate, you have gained membership in a special group for life. Career Development will be here as a resource to help you throughout your career – and will give you opportunities to share your wisdom and experience with current students, too.
Resources for Alumni
Career Exploration - Focus 2 and O*Net, available 24/7, are educational and career planning software programs that integrate self-assessment with in-depth and up-to-date career information.
Learning Express Library - Online resources to take practice tests for graduate entrance, civil service, law enforcement and technical exams. Also available are on-line books on a variety of career information as well as study materials to improve skills.
Reconnect with CMU - Current students at Central benefit greatly from conversations with alumni. Students enjoy hear about your career path, your job, life stories, and how you survive in the "real world." You can help Central students successfully transition to life after CMU by volunteering to participate in the following areas:
- Become a Mentor to a current student interested in your career field, if interested contact the Career Center at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer to participate in one of the many career events: Professional Etiquette Dinner, Career Connections, etc. If you are interested contact the Director at email@example.com
- Attend the Career EXPO represent your organization and speak with current students
- Offer a job or internship by registering on Handshake
Career Advising - Make an appointment with a Career specialist for assistance with your job search, including resume/cover letter review and interviewing skills advice. Call 660-248-6986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set-up a time.
James C. Denneny, Jr. Career Development Center
- 411 Central Methodist Square
- Fayette Missouri 65248
- (Toll-free) 877-CMU-1854