In order to use your personal computer, network gaming device (XBOX, Playstation, Wii), or other wireless device on the CMU network, you must first register it. During the registration process your computer will automatically be scanned to insure you have the latest Windows Updates and an Antivirus Software with up-to-date definitions. If you need an antivirus software, we recommend Avast and its free. Take few moments and familiarize yourself with our various network polices. Be aware that personal wireless access points, routers, hubs, and switches are not allowed on campus.
Register a Device
From the Fayette on-campus:
- Connect to the CMU Network via either:
- Ethernet cable connected to network port located in the residence hall room
- Wireless connection to the CMUWAP
- Enter Security key eaglesr#1
- Open a Web Browser
- Turn Off your Pop-Up Blocker
- The Registration page should display or visit the Registration page.
- Agree, to the Acceptable Use Policy after you have read it
- Start, Central Methodist University Users
- You will be prompted for your Eagle Username and password,
same username and password you use for Email,
to verify your account works try to log into your web-based email.
NOTE: If you are unable to login, please contact the helpdesk at 660-248-6197.
- At the Device Type drop down menu, select the appropriate device and click Register..
- The Scan will begin on your computer, once the scan is complete, the results will be returned to you.
- If the scan is successful, you will receive the message You have Successfully Registered on the network.
- If your computer fails the scan, you will need to carefully read the instructions provided and complete the steps to insure your computer meets the minimum qualifications. You will then need to run a scan again from the registration page.
If you have problems or questions, contact the Helpdesk at 660-248-6197 or email@example.com.