Favorite Christmas Concert December 5
Sigma Alpha Iota sponsors event
Two professional Central Methodist University music fraternities will join for a concert of seasonal music set for 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, in Linn Memorial United Methodist Church on the CMU Fayette campus.
A long-standing and much-anticipated CMU tradition, the annual celebration is free and open to the public.
Included in the Sigma Alpha Iota Christmas Concert will be a variety of beautiful holiday music, both vocal and instrumental. Joining the women of the Theta Omicron chapter of Sigma Alpha Iota will be the men of the Beta Mu chapter of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia.
Free-will donations collected at the concert will go toward the music program of the Southwest R-I school system in Ludlow directed by Joslyn West, a 2013 CMU graduate.
Selections to be performed include:
• "Snowtime" (Ed Harris) — The women of SAI
• "Christmas ... in about three minutes" (Mark Weston) — The women of SAI
• "Still, Still, Still" (German Carol/Joyce Eilers) — The women of SAI
• "The Little Drummer Boy" (arr. Mark Hayes) — The men of Phi Mu Alpha
• "Kidnap the Sandy Claws" from The Nightmare Before Christmas (Tim Burton) — Vocal Trio:
Shawna Crisler (junior, St. Clair), Danielle DeBrodie (freshman, Mokane), Ginney Ison (junior, Bellflower); and Ruth Spayde, faculty pianist
• "The Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth" (medley) — Vocal duet: Jessica Carter (senior,
Columbia) and Jennifer Hopkins (junior, Monett); with Casey McDonald (senior, Pacific), flute;
and Dr. Ron Atteberry, director of Conservatory Singers, piano
• "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" (Martin & Blane) — Vocal solo: Brittany Losh (senior,
Pacific), mezzo-soprano with Dr. Susan Quigley-Duggan, director of opera, piano
• "Santa Baby" (Phil & Tony Springer) — Vocal solo: Rebecca Shroyer (senior, Boonville) with Dr.
Ron Shroyer, faculty, piano
• "Believe" from The Polar Express (Silvestri/Ballard, arr. Coates) — Piano duet with Kristen Clark
(junior, Centralia) and Prof. Kelley Head, faculty
• "African Noel" (Traditional African song) and "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy"
(Tchaikovsky/Christensen) — Flute trio: Chelsea Wallace (senior, Rogersville), Mary Rose
Lehman (senior, Robertsville), and Dr. Dori Waggoner, dean of Swinney Conservatory
• "Christmas Carol Suite" (arr. Holcombe/Nagle) — Woodwind trio: Alexia Maschmeier (junior,
New Bern, N.C.), oboe; Pam Crawford (senior, Columbia), flute; Rebecca Shroyer, clarinet
• "A Christmas Medley" (arr. Brian Thode) — Saxophone trio: Jane Gonzalez-Meyer (senior,
Mexico), Shelby Rogers (sophomore, Monroe City), and Emily Schultz (junior, Bloomington,
• "What Child is This?" and "Carol of the Bells" (arr. Christensen) — The Flute Choir (10 students
and Dr. Dori Waggoner)
• "Auld Lang Syne" ( arr. R. Paul Drummond) — The women of Sigma Alpha Iota and the men of
Phi Mu Alpha.
Posted November 21, 2013