Residence Hall Director for Woodward Hall
Filed under Jobs
on Tuesday, May 01, 2012.
Position Title: Director of Woodward Hall
Position Accountable To: Associate Director for Campus Life
The Residence Hall Director (RHD) reports to the Associate Director for Campus and is responsible for the day to day operations, services and activities of a Residence hall housing 120 plus undergraduate students. The Hall Director's main responsibilities are to understand and analyze the atmosphere in the residence hall, identify challenges and respond to all situations and or concerns.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supervise the undergraduate staff and develop a team which will implement all of the activities, programs and services needed to create an inclusive community that reflects the mission and goals of Central Methodist University (25%)
2. Advise Hall Government / Building Governing Boards (5%)
3. Facilitate a positive, supportive atmosphere which fosters success in academic and personal endeavors by developing individual relationships with students (25%)
4. Implement departmental community initiatives (25%)
5. Serve on an on-call rotation (10%)
6. Engage Students in social and academic activities (10%)
Supervision of student staff is required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
Relevant bachelor's degree required. Minimum of 2 years' experience in Residence life, Student Activities, or a related field. Strong background in student development theory and community development practices is preferred. Effective written and oral communication skills are a must.
Occasionally lift more than 25 pounds, ability to function in a fast paced environment.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to effectively use Microsoft office systems including Outlook, Excel, and Word
Excellent interpersonal skills
Strong organizational and administrative skills
Ability to be trusted with confidential student records
OTHER INFORMATION AND ATTRIBUTES:
This is a live-in position, 2 bedroom apartment is provided. Pets are not permitted. Scheduled availability to students is a must. Work week is not based on normal business hours. High visibility is expected.
Interested applicants should email a letter of interest, resume, and three references to Salum Stutzer at email@example.com. (No phone calls please).
Central Methodist University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
There are no related articles.