Resources for Writing Classes
(EN111, EN120, EN305, EN306)
- Credo Reference: An excellent full-text integrated reference database. Contains linked searching to other resources and visual concept mapping. The BEST place to start!
- ProQuest Central:Our largest comprehensive database, with many journals in full-text, now in a new
- Guided subject searching for better results, just click the picture for the subject you need!
- Or, search the entire interface, including ebooks
- Combine terms using AND, OR and NOT EX: "American and continental" will return results with both terms, "American or continental" will look for both terms. "British not English" will get rid of anything containing "English".
- Clickable boxes for peer-reviewed and full-text content
- Easily save, print, or email marked records and create citations for your bibliography.
- Use our interlibrary loan form to order articles that are not full-text
- Academic Search Elite: A large multi-disciplinary database with some education coverage.
- Many journals in full-text, now in a new improved interface
- Guided subject searching and easy clickable buttons for narrowing or widening your search.
- CQ Researcher: A source full of current events, with original reporting on events shaping our world.
- Search chronologically or by topic for full developed, comprehensive reports on a variety of subject areas.
- Lexis/Nexis: Academic Universe includes business, legal and medical journals as well as major
newspapers from around the world.
- All content is full-text, but may not be scholarly!
- Pop Culture Universe: An easy to use scholarly source for pop culture information. Search by topic or chronologically.
- Use the Quest and Mobius catalogs
Stuck? Ask a librarian!