Occupational Therapy Assistant Program Director
Central Methodist University seeks applicants for a Program Director for a new Occupational Therapy Assistant program. This is a 9-month position offering an exciting opportunity to build an OTA program from the ground up!
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Director will carry an academic and administrative load to equal an average of 24 load hours per academic year and will be responsible for the oversight and day-to-day operations of the Occupational Therapy Assistant educational program. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Fostering the development of the appropriate operational standards, coursework and milieu for an Occupational Therapy Assistant educational program that meets ACOTE accreditation standards.
- Leading the process for ACOTE accreditation/re-accreditation.
- Coordinating the implementation of an Occupational Therapy Assistant educational program.
- Marketing the OTA program to the healthcare community, inclusive of prospective students and faculty.
- Coordinating faculty load assignments to assure all courses scheduled have qualified instructors.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
A Master's degree in Occupational Therapy, education, or a related area is required; PhD preferred. Must be licensed in Missouri as an Occupational Therapist or Occupational Therapy Assistant. Must have a minimum of five years full-time, post-licensure clinical work experience in Occupational Therapy.
Candidates should submit an application, cover letter, and resume to Human Resources at
CMU employees provide collegial, collaborative contributions to their areas and the University as a whole. They should stimulate a harmonious, productive and inviting work environment that is customer service oriented. Each must maintain a commitment to the mission and purposes of Central Methodist University.
Central Methodist University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted May 22, 2014