Lab Coordinator -Full Time
The full-time lab coordinator will help with the packing, disposal and storage of division equipment and chemicals in preparation for facility renovation and coordinate lab activities for science division during the renovation and in the renovated facility.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Central Methodist University seeks a full-time academic lab coordinator for the Division of Science, Math and Computer Science. The position has a short-term and long-term focus. In the short-term, the lab coordinator will work closely with the division chair in helping oversee the transition and operations during a complete renovation of the facility during the 2017-18 school year. Following the renovation, the coordinator will be responsible for working with faculty and lab assistants in overseeing the undergraduate teaching laboratories for 5 different program areas in science.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor's degree in any area of Science with strong Biology, Chemistry or Physics background.
• Knowledge of function and utilization of safe laboratory practices.
• Experience working with biological agents.
• Strong communication, time management and organizational skills
• Demonstrated teamwork along with ability to work independently, self-motivation, integrity and commitment to maintaining high professional standards.
• Provide a positive example to students by supporting the mission of CMU.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings and weekends during the renovation project.
• Possesses advanced computer and technology skills
• Master degree in any area of Science and 3 years of science lab experience.
• Previous coordinator or technical experience in the physical/biological sciences
Duties & Responsibilities
• Coordinate movement, storage and organization of lab equipment, supplies and chemicals during a year-long renovation of the science building.
• Prepare primarily introductory science courses with large numbers of lab sections with related equipment and supplies in coordination with the lab instructors
• Maintain inventory of laboratory equipment, supplies chemicals and biological samples.
• Coordinate with faculty for orders of new/replacement equipment and supplies.
• Coordinate needed repairs with proper personnel.
• Ability to operate various laboratory equipment (e.g. microscopes, autoclave)
• Coordinates laboratory safety including first aid kits and lab safety equipment
• Oversee proper collection and disposal of all hazardous chemical and biological wastes.
• Responsible for departmental compliance with EPA and OSHA regulations for storage, labeling, handling and disposal of chemicals.
• Other duties as assigned.
Must be able to stand or sit for the duration of the class.
Must be able to occasionally lift up to 20 lbs
Candidates should submit an application, cover letter, and resume to Human Resources at HR@centralmethodist.edu.
CMU employees provide collegial, collaborative contributions to their areas and the University as a whole. They should stimulate a harmonious, productive and inviting work environment that is customer service oriented. Each must maintain a commitment to the mission and purposes of Central Methodist University.
Central Methodist University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted January 2, 2017