Administrative Assistant - Part Time
MSCC program needs an experienced administrative/clerical worker with good technology skills to support faculty and program activities. work one eight-hour-day, approximately three days-per-month, 12 months per year.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
25% - Provide administrative support to meetings
- - Keep master schedule of regularly occurring meetings/events/deadlines with flags to alert
- necessary preparations meetings/events/deadlines
- - Manage agenda for staff meetings (create standing agenda items)
- - Keep minutes of staff meetings
25% - Manage clerical aspects of admissions process
- - Pull information on applicants being considered and make available at meeting
- - Update spreadsheet on application decisions
- - Organize materials for request to Director of Graduate Studies for conditional acceptances
- - Prepare acceptance/non-acceptance letter(s)
- - Flag conditional acceptances for review
20%- Provide administrative support at annual review meetings
- - Flag deadlines & notify faculty to insure timely yearly assessments are sent out
- - Organize data from CPCE, NCC, & feedback from students, faculty, supervisors of current
- students, & employers of former students in preparation for annual reviews
- - Update spreadsheets based on annual reviews
20%- Support variety of annual updates/events
- - Flag calendar for times updates are due on various publications/meetings
- -Communicate upcoming deadlines to faculty members
- - This would include course catalog, student handbook, MyCMU syllabus roll-overs, faculty
- orientation, and new student orientation
10%- Manage book lists
- - Flag calendar for notification of faculty to update book lists
- - Contact course champions to review required texts
- - Contact publishers to negotiate book bundles, etc.
- - Prepare book list
- - Put on agenda at staff meeting & facilitate review/approval of list by all faculty
- - Send list to appropriate administrative personnel
- - Other tasks as directed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
Knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Experience with spreadsheets, clerical work, and organization of office tasks.
Hand and arm movement needed for typing.
OTHER INFORMATION AND ATTRIBUTES:
Work hours: One eight hour day, approximately three days per month, 12 months per year. There could potentially be some travel involved in April and August.
Candidates should submit an application, cover letter, and resume to Human Resources at HR@centralmethodist.edu.
CMU employees provide collegial, collaborative contributions to their areas and the University as a whole. They should stimulate a harmonious, productive and inviting work environment that is customer service oriented. Each must maintain a commitment to the mission and purposes of Central Methodist University.
Central Methodist University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted November 7, 2016