Advanced Practice Nursing Core Curriculum (10 credit hours total)
NU500 Advanced Health Assessment (4 credit hours)
NU502 Advanced Pathophysiology (3 credit hours)
NU504 Advanced Pharmacology (3 credit hours)
Graduate Core Curriculum Content (24 credit hours total)
NU508 Epidemiology (4 credit hours)
NU510 Advanced Professional Role (4 credit hours)
NU512 Health Care Finance/Policy/Economics (3 credit hours)
NU514 Theoretical Frameworks (2 credit hours)
NU516 Health Care Issues (3 credit hours)
NU518 Evidence-Based Client Care Management (4 credit hours)
NU522 Clinical Nurse Leader Residency (4 credit hours)
MSN. Curriculum Graduation Requirements
- A 3.0 cumulative G.P.A. must be maintained and a grade of "B" or above must be obtained in all divisional courses.
- The MSN program must be completed within five years of enrollment.
The Master's of Science in Nursing, Clinical Nurse Leader graduate will maintain an Annual Professional Outcomes Portfolio that includes evidence of:
- Improved clinical outcomes such as:
- Client satisfaction
- Interdisciplinary team satisfaction
- To strategically manage unit and organizational outcomes to maximize quality, safety and satisfaction.
- The degree to which efficient and effective use of resources are identified and addressed.
- The creation of well-functioning clinical teams such as:
- Knowledge of staff members re: unit-based technology and pharmaceuticals
- Reduction in absenteeism, improve retention, and professional development
- Foster environment for improved involvement of professional team
- The extent to which new resource technology has been incorporated into practice
- Grand rounds
- Case presentations
- Clinical/Care team studies and publications
- The extent to which leadership has been demonstrated
- Service on practice and governance committees
- Contributed to strategic goals
- Increased knowledge and skills
- Evaluated knowledge of clinical team and incorporation into practice
- Mentored new or student CNLs
- Enhanced use of evidence-based practice
- Professional development and continuing education
- Knowledgeable about and participates in developing and implementing corporate or institutional philosophy, goals, strategies, results.