Accelerated Nursing - Admission Requirements
Selection of students for the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) program is based on the following criteria:
- Complete an application to Central Methodist University and to the ABSN program
- A BA or BS degree in any field from an accredited college or university (official transcripts must be submitted from ALL colleges or universities attended)
- Completion of the following prerequisite courses with a
minimum grade of "C" or better: Anatomy with lab, Physiology
with lab, Microbiology with lab, Chemistry, Pathophysiology,
and College Algebra OR Statistics.
- Students must have earned a grade of "C" or better in no more than two (2) attempts per course and must have earned a Science (all of the listed prerequisites except College Algebra or Statistics) sub-cumulative GPA of at least 2.5.
- All prerequisite courses must be completed prior to beginning the ABSN program.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for all college coursework
- Two letters of recommendation that address the students character, work ethic, motivation, and general ability to complete an intensive course of study.
- A personal interview with members of the nursing faculty
- Completion of the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) V (administered by the nursing department for a nominal fee) with a minimum score of 70 in the areas of "reading" and "science."