The work study program at CMU is a great opportunity for students. By working on campus, students not only earn money to assist with expenses, but have the chance to build relationships with faculty, staff, and other student workers. On-campus work study may provide experience to include on a resume, someone to provide a future recommendation, and the opportunity to develop relationships at the university that will last a lifetime.
All work study jobs are listed through Eagle JobNet (job posting system) beginning Monday, August 1st. By opening the system on a specific date, we ensure that new students have an equal opportunity to obtain a campus position. Before August 1st, new students cannot access the job posting system until they receive their CMU email address mid-summer which will allow them to log on to Eagle JobNet. At 12:01 a.m., August 1st, work study positions for the new academic year will appear in the job posting system for all students to apply.
Apply for a Job
Below is the step by step process to apply for a work study job. Your Eagle Mail e-mail address and password are pre-loaded into our system, therefore you do not need to register into Eagle Jobnet.
- Log on to Eagle JobNet: Use your complete campus email address as the login (example: firstname.lastname@example.org) Use your CMU Student ID # for the password. (New students should receive this information in the mail.)
- Update your profile: Choose the tab "profile" and fill out the information. This ensures your qualifications for certain positions. We recommend keeping this section updated!
- Choose the "Resources" tab at the top of the page: Once in resources, choose the "Document Library" tab.
- Scroll down page until you see "Student Employment Application": Choose the document. It will come up as a writeable pdf document. Fill out the different sections, as complete as possible. If you do not know yet what hours you will have available, put TBA (for To Be Arranged).
- Save "Student Employment Application" document: Save document on your thumb drive or your computer as
"Student Employment Application 2016 - your last name your first name." For example, if I am Joe Student, my application would be saved as "Student Employment Application 2016 - Student, Joe"
*If you receive a message about "digital certificate" choose cancel several times and proceed.
**If once you save the document, you do not automatically return to the Eagle JobNet page, look at the tabs on your task bar or start bar and click on Eagle JobNet to return to where you were.
- Upload your Student Employment Application document: Choose the "documents" tab, and then click on "Pending documents." Scroll to bottom
and choose "Add New." Once in the "Add New" section, you will see instructions for
how to upload your Work Study Application.
- For "Label": Use the file name, for example if I am Joe Student, my label would be "Student Employment Application - Student Joe"
- For "Document Type": Choose "Student Employment Application"
- Choose "Browse": Go to where you saved the document and get it
- Go to the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page
- An email will be sent to your email address: An email from Financial Assistance will be sent to your campus email and will let you know if your application is approved. It will also let you know if you qualify for Federal Work Study or CMU Work Study. It may take a day or two to receive this email. Once you know what you qualify for, you are ready to apply for jobs.
- To Apply: You will need to go to the Eagle JobNet website and log-in. See instruction #1. Choose the "Jobs" tab at the top of the page. A menu will pop up. Choose "CMU jobs" then "Position type" and select either "CMU Work Study" or "Federal Work Study" based on what type of jobs you qualify for. Scroll down and choose "Search." You may see several positions available.Positions will be posted throughout August
- Applying for selected positions: To apply for a work study position, open the job posting, select your work study application in the resume drop-down menu under "Application Status," then choose the Submit button. Pay attention to the details as different positions require other documents to be considered.
- Follow through: You should be contacted by the Site Supervisor or "Contact" person listed in the system. Feel free to contact the person yourself, as all the information is available through the system. Employers are encouraged to interview candidates for positions posted. Once you have accepted a position, please go to the Financial Assistance Office on the first floor of Brannock or the Career Development Center on the second floor of the ISACC (Room 209) to fill out a Student Work Agreement.
If you have any other questions, please contact email@example.com or call 660-248-6255.