International Interview Tips
Interview Presenting yourself well throughout the whole interviewing process is key to obtaining a position. Mock Interviews may be scheduled by contacting the Career Development Center by emailing email@example.com.
- Show initiative by researching the company and asking well-developed questions.
- Be punctual. Arrive at a minimum of 10 minutes early. Being late is not acceptable and may eliminate one from the candidate pool.
- Articulate accomplishments, skills and competencies, and relate them to the position.
- Make eye contact with everyone.
H-1B Visas, Employers and Interviews
- Some employers may be reluctant to sponsor H-1B visas, so it is important to articulate what skills and competencies you would bring to the company and why you are the best person for the position.
- The H-1B visa sponsorship should not be one of the first topics addressed during a meeting or interview.
- The topic of H-1B visas should be addressed only:
- after an offer is made
- an offer is close to being made
- the employer brings it up
- Once H-1B visas has been mentioned, the candidate should be ready to explain and highlight the simplicity of the sponsorship process.