Job Searching Resources
Top Ten Resources
- Assessments: As CLAS student (College of Liberal Arts and Science) you have on-line access to
the Strong Interest Inventory and the Myers Briggs Type Indicator. Assessment instructions
along with information on how to receive your results and interpretation are explained
on the site.
- Career Exploration Online Systems: Focus 2 and O*Net, available 24/7, are educational and career planning software
programs that integrate self-assessment with in-depth and up-to-date career information.
- Major Resources: Find job titles and information specific to you major.
- Eagle JobNet: An online job bank and web-based recruiting system tailored for CMU students is
available 24/7. You may search for full-time positions, internships, part-time work,
summer jobs or work study! Access the system by using your campus email address for
the log-in and your CMU ID number for the password.
- Reference USA: A web-based company search system with over 14 million U.S. businesses provides
descriptions, overviews, contact information, competitors and more!
- Learning Express Library: Online resources to take practice tests for graduate entrance, civil service, law
enforcement and technical exams. Also available are on-line books on a variety of
career information as well as study materials to improve skills.
- Resume/Cover Letter Assistance: The Career Development Center has sample resumes for each major and will review
your application materials for proper grammar, format, and content. Make an appointment
by calling 660-248-6986 or emailing email@example.com.
- Mock Interviews: Taped practice interviews are offered at the Career Development Center
which assist you in honing the skills needed to land your first career job! Make an
appointment by calling 660-248-6986 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Career Workshops and Events: Many career related events are sponsored through the year from our annual Career
EXPO to the Senior Etiquette Dinner and more! Be sure you take advantage these great
opportunities to gain professional skills!