McMurry Hall

McMurry Hall is a co-ed residence built in 1927. It is named in honor of Bishop W.F. McMurry, President of Central University from 1924 until 1930. It is a four-and-a-half story brick building in the simple architectural style of the English country house. It provides residence rooms for 200 students and was completely renovated in 2001-2002. The garden level was renovated in 2011.

 

Residence Hall Staff 2014-15:

Residence Hall Director: Keeyon Howard

Resident Assistants:
Garden Level - Alexandra Salva
First Floor - Kelsey Forqueran
Second Floor - Dakarayi Chabaya
Third Floor - Cassandra Heitman
Fourth Floor - Cory Mason

 

A typical room in McMurry Hall has:

  • 14 feet 7 inches x 10 feet of floor space
  • 8 feet 5 inches floor to ceiling
  • One window (57 inches x 60 inches)
  • Network computer connection capabilities
  • Cable TV capabilities
  • Two beds with lofting capabilities
  • Two desks with hutch and two chairs
  • Two dressers
  • Two closets (4 feet x 2 feet)
  • Adjoining bathroom with shower, toilet and sink shared with a suite-mate

Rooms on the Garden level have:

  • 14 feet 5 inches x 20 feet of floor space
  • 8 feet 5 inches floor to ceiling
  • Network computer connection capabilities
  • Cable TV capabilities
  • Two beds with lofting capabilities
  • Two desks with hutch and two chairs
  • Two dressers
  • Two closets (4 feet x 2 feet)

 

 
©