If you have a desire to learn about the history of religion, religious affiliations and culture, and ministry, the Religion major at CMU is a great choice. Religion is an ever-evolving, unceasing topic filled with science, theory, skepticism, and history. You will experience an education that explores philosophy, scholarly texts, and the laws of religion, while taking part in hands-on learning that will help you stand out when pursuing your career.
About This Program
The Religion major will encourage you to actively examine your own moral, spiritual, and ethical foundations. You also will take classes from other disciplines – providing a well-rounded educational experience. Your will be prepared to make responsible and morally-driven decisions in your community, society, and beyond – all in-demand qualities many employers and organizations seek.
As a CMU Religion major, you will have opportunities to:
- take classes such as Philosophy of Religion, History of Christianity, World Religions Today, Paul and the Early Church, Thanatology, Biblical Literature and the Ancient World, Explorations in Christian Thought, Old Testament, and New Testament
- develop a broad understanding of cultural and social dynamics, ethics, and religions throughout the world
- learn fundamental skills in communication and management so you are prepared to successfully lead programs in ministry, education, and other areas
- experience hands-on learning through projects, presentations, internships, and field experiences
- receive the preparation needed to earn an advanced degree
Other CMU Religion Programs:
Admission to CMU is selective. Our admission staff carefully reviews and evaluates each application on an individual basis. Please review all requirements prior to applying for admission.