Improving quality of
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Do you enjoy helping people of all ages? Are you looking for a profession that will make a difference? The Occupational Therapy Assistant program prepares students to assist clients recovering from injury or disability in regaining life skills for independent living. An OTA is an educated and licensed clinician who works under the direction of a licensed occupational therapist.
About This Program
OTA students participate in four full-time clinical education affiliations with a total of 600 hours of both observation and hands-on experience. The technical courses within the program also allow for ongoing practice of hands-on practical skills in the classroom and laboratory portions of the course.
The technical courses within the OTA program allow for hands-on learning in the classroom and laboratory. Students also participate in clinical experiences, which give them a real-world view of the OTA profession. The OTA program has been granted candidacy status with ACOTE. Program outcomes can be found on the nbcot website.
As a CMU OTA major, you will have opportunities to:
- learn during lecture, laboratory, collaborative, community and fieldwork experiences
- work in a variety of settings, including hospitals, schools, nursing homes, psychiatric facilities, rehabilitation centers, and outpatient clinics
- become eligible to sit for a national licensure exam to become licensed in the state where you practice
- receive a degree in one of the most rapidly growing professions in the U.S. and internationally
Other CMU Programs:
Admission to CMU is selective. Our admission staff carefully reviews and evaluates each application on an individual basis. Please review all requirements prior to applying for admission.
After being accepted to CMU, students wishing to pursue an associate's degree as an Occupational Therapist Assistant must meet the additional requirements for acceptance into the OTA program.
Office of Admissions
- 411 Central Methodist Square
- Fayette Missouri 65248
- (Toll-free) 877-CMU-1854