RN to BSN Admission Requirements
Students who are interesting in applying to the Nursing RN to BSN Program should be fully admitted to Central Methodist University College of Graduate and Extended Studies. They must also have:
- a degree in Nursing, either associate degree or diploma, from a State Board approved nursing program (40 Nursing credits from the ADN will be applied toward the BSN; general education credits will also transfer where applicable);
- minimum GPA of 2.0 overall;
- official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended;
- current unrestricted RN license from an approved state (needed prior to beginning clinical courses);
- One year work experience within the previous 3 years (This requirement may be waived at faculty discretion); and
- Non-native speakers of English must present evidence of proficiency in the English language by scoring a 550 or higher on the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or 213 or higher on the computer-based TOEFL or 77 or higher on the Internet-based TOEFL.
Requirements for Continuation in Program
Students who earn less than a "B" in a course may not continue in their cohort. Any one course where the student earns less than a "B" must be repeated and completed with a grade of "B" or higher, and then the student will join the subsequent cohort. Any second instance when a student earns less than a "B"- whether it is a repeated course or one taken for the first time - results in the student's dismissal from the program.