Wildlife Ecology & Conservation Biology
Are you drawn to nature and feel most at home when outdoors? Do you have an appreciation for wildlife and the environment? Pursue a career that matches biological sciences to your passions by majoring in Wildlife Ecology and Conservation Biology at CMU. Your learning and hands-on experiences will set you up for professional success in many scientific areas of conservation and wildlife management.
About This Program
The Wildlife Ecology and Conservation major prepares students to make a difference in the fields involving wildlife and conservation. You will focus on biology and chemistry while learning about areas in conservation including management, preservation, protection of biological resources, animal and mammal habitat, and various species and their endangerment. Your education will surround cutting-edge laboratory practices and studies – delivering you with the skills and hands-on experience employers seek.
As a CMU Wildlife Ecology & Conservation Biology major, you will have opportunities to:
- take classes including Invertebrate Zoology, Mammalogy, Comparative Animal Behavior, Environmental Chemistry, Microbiology, Biodiversity, and Genetics
- become efficient in compiling data, presenting findings, and researching, calculating, and tabulating information
- take part in hands-on learning in laboratories, field experiences, and internships
- develop the knowledge and skills needed to pursue a variety of careers in fields related to conservation, ecology, and wildlife management
- receive the preparation needed to earn an advanced degree
- Bachelor of Science in Biology - Wildlife Ecology & Conservation Biology - CLAS
Other CMU Biology Programs:
- Biology: Pre-Health Sciences
- Biology: Marine Biology
- Biology: Molecular Biology
- Environmental Science - Biology
- Middle School Education - Science Certification
- Secondary Education - Biology Certification
Admission to CMU is selective. Our admission staff carefully reviews and evaluates each application on an individual basis. Please review all requirements prior to applying for admission.