Athletic Training Majors
If you feel passionate about athletics, and have an interest in physical recovery and rehabilitation, CMU’s Athletic Training major will take you where you want to go. Through this major, you will make a positive difference in the lives of those you treat as you prepare for a fulfilling and in-demand career.
About This Program
The Athletic Training major specializes in the field of sports medicine and will prepare you to become a health care professional. You will focus on many different areas including prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of emergency, acute, and chronic medical conditions. These conditions can involve impairment, functional limitations, and disabilities.
As a CMU Athletic Training major, you will have opportunities to:
- become a link between athletic programs and the medical community
- enhance your skills while taking classes such as Human Anatomy, Care and Prevention of Athletic injuries, First Aid and CPR Lab, Rehabilitation Techniques, and Physiology of Exercise
- take part in hands-on learning during projects, labs, athletic events, clinicals, and internship opportunities
- receive the preparation needed to take the next step into graduate school
- build a skillset that prepares you for a career in high school, college and professional athletics, health care facilities, the military, and more
Admission to CMU is selective. Our admission staff carefully reviews and evaluates each application on an individual basis. Please review all requirements prior to applying for admission.