A student who completes a baccalaureate degree in any major at Central Methodist University and the requirements for admission to the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program at Southwest Baptist University as listed below will automatically receive preference points and be eligible for the admission process.
- Students must have a minimum 3.0 overall grade point average.
- Students must complete the graduate record exam (GRE).
- Students must complete the PT application through PTCAS by the deadline of the intended enrollment date.
- Student must document up to 40 hours experience/observation in physical therapy.
- International students must meet eligibility requirements as outlined in section on Admission to the University in the Southwest Baptist University catalog.
- Students must demonstrate computer literacy.
- Students must complete all o the following prerequisite courses with a minimum of
a "C" and a 3.25 prerequisite GPA. Prerequisites should not be taken pass/fail.
- Chemistry: CH111, 114 General Chemistry I, I
- Physics: PH111, 112 General Physics I, II
- Biology: BI101 General Biology, BI107 Human Anatomy, BI205 Physiology
- Statistics: MA105 Elementary Statistics
- Psychology: Any two psychology courses
- Strongly recommended: PE327 Physiology of Exercise, AH212 Medical Terminology
Please consult with Dr. Lea Daniel, firstname.lastname@example.org, for further information on this program.