Political Science Resources
Credo Reference: An excellent full-text integrated reference database. Contains linked searching to other resources and visual concept mapping. The BEST place to start!
Central Search: A one stop shop for searching almost all library and database content. Uses simple searching and full-text linking to get you to resources faster!
- Search the entire interface, including ebooks
- Combine terms using AND, OR and NOT EX: "pepsico and cereal" will return results with both terms, "pepsico or coca-cola" will return results with either term, and "pepsico not cereal" will get rid of anything about cereals.
- Clickable boxes for peer-reviewed and full-text content
- Easily save, print, or email marked records and create citations for your bibliography.
- Use our interlibrary loan form to order articles that are not full-text.
World Politics Review: provides uncompromising analysis of critical global trends to give policymakers, analysts, academics and readers with a deep interest in international affairs the context they need to have the confidence they seek in their decision-making.
Academic Search Premier : A large multi-disciplinary database with some political science coverage.
- Many journals in full-text, now in a new improved interface
- Guided subject searching and easy clickable buttons for narrowing or widening your search
Lexis/Nexis: Academic Universe includes business, legal and medical journals as well as major newspapers from around the world. All content is full-text, but may not be scholarly! Contains legal information searchable by topic, court, year, or case
Use the AVALON and Mobius catalogs
AVALON catalog includes CMU, Mo Valley, UCM and State Fair. Items from AVALON usually arrive in 2-3 days and check out for 1 month.
MOBIUS catalog is state wide; items requested arrive in 5-7 days and check out for 3 weeks. Request items from off-campus using your name and student ID number.