Credo Reference: An excellent full-text integrated reference database. Contains linked searching to other resources and visual concept mapping. The BEST place to start!
Central Search: A one stop shop for searching almost all library and database content. Uses simple searching and full-text linking to get you to resources faster!
- Search the entire collection, including ebooks
- Combine terms using AND, OR and NOT EX: "pepsico and cereal" will return results with both terms, "pepsico or coca-cola" will return results with either term, and "pepsico not cereal" will get rid of anything about cereals.
- Clickable boxes for peer-reviewed and full-text content
- Easily save, print, or email marked records and create citations for your bibliography.
- Use our interlibrary loan form to order articles that are not full-text:
Pop Culture Universe: An easy to use scholarly source for pop culture information. Search by topic or chronologically.
Open Access Communications Journals: a research collection of freely available, open access scholarly journals in the field of communications and mass media studies.
Lexis/Nexis: Academic Universe includes business, legal and medical journals as well as major newspapers from around the world. All content is full-text, but may not be scholarly.
Use the AVALON and Mobius catalogs
AVALON catalog includes CMU, Mo Valley, UCM and State Fair. Items from AVALON usually arrive in 2-3 days and check out for 1 month.
MOBIUS catalog is state wide; items requested arrive in 5-7 days and check out for 3 weeks. Request items from off-campus using your name and student ID number.