Business Source Elite: A scholarly business database, which includes full-text resources in all disciplines of business, marketing, management, MIS, Accounting, Finance, and economics.
- Search with keywords or company names for articles and research.
- Combine terms using AND, OR and NOT EX: "pepsico and cereal" will return results with both terms, "pepsico or coca-cola" will return results with either term, and "pepsico not cereal" will get rid of anything about cereals.
- Narrow down your search with clickable choices for scholarly resources and full-text.
- Contains the Bloomberg Business Resources Platform.
- Choose "Browse" to access company reports, economic indicators and other supplemental materials.
Lexis/Nexis: Academic Universe includes business, legal and medical journals as well as major newspapers from around the world. All articles are full-text.
- Choose the Tab labeled "Business"
- Input company name. If you don't know the exact official name, L/N will give you choices, each labeled as public or private
- A "snapshot" or company report will be returned, including general information, economic and budgetary data, etc.
- Use the list on the left to narrow or expand the information returned
- L/N also provides links to the latest news stories about the company
- All content is full-text, but may not be scholarly!
Use the AVALON and Mobius catalogs
Quest catalog includes CMU, Mo Valley, UCM and State Fair. Items from AVALON usually arrive in 2-3 days and check out for 1 month.
MOBIUS catalog is state wide; items requested arrive in 5-7 days and check out for 3 weeks. Request items from off-campus using your name and student ID number.
Specific company names will not return many results, so try to use broader terms.