Administrative Assistant - Part Time
January 10, 2018
Performs office management duties at the Columbia CMU Campus and is responsible for
assisting students and faculty. This person coordinates communication between students,
faculty and CMU administration.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Answer general inquiries from current and perspective students including responding to phone calls and emails. (10%
1. Review applications and assist with admissions, financial aid inquiries and enrollment. (10%)
2. Accept enrollments and tuition for classes. File and send necessary papers and correspondence to the Fayette campus. (10%)
3. Assist faculty with technology requests, class rosters, grade submission, test proctoring, mailing, faxes, and iTV technology as needed. (25%)
4. Maintain files on current and prospective students. (10%)
5. Order and maintain office supplies. (5%)
6. Responsible for keeping classrooms, lounge area, and restrooms clean. (30%)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
Associate’s Degree preferred
Office experience preferred
Ability to do light physical work, occasionally lifting up to 35 pounds.
Long periods of sitting at a computer desk.
Dexterity to use the computer and telephone.
Must be able to speak clearly.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to operate general office equipment, proficiency with Microsoft Office & Excel,
ability to learn new programs (CARS and Nolij)
OTHER INFORMATION AND ATTRIBUTES:
Ability to work some evenings is required.
Candidates should submit an application, cover letter, and resume to Human Resources at HR@centralmethodist.edu.
CMU employees provide collegial, collaborative contributions to their areas and the University as a whole. They should stimulate a harmonious, productive and inviting work environment that is customer service oriented. Each must maintain a commitment to the mission and purposes of Central Methodist University.
Central Methodist University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.