Media & Design Coordinator
December 8, 2017
As a member of the Marketing Communications department of the Division of Enrollment Management, the Media & Design Coordinator will manage multiple projects at one time, including print and digital collateral, photography and video production initiatives, and support social media efforts, and occasional other duties as assigned.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create graphic design of print and digital pieces.
- Conceptualize and shoot university videos
- Be a key member of the social media team tasked with maintain and enhancing CMU’s online presence on various social media platforms.
- Assist in live-streaming campus events
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, graphic design, or related field is required.
Demonstrated skills in video production, graphic design and photography strongly preferred.
Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The ideal candidate should have:
- Professional experience with the Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro
- Excellent communications skills
- Knowledge of and a high comfort level with different social media platforms
- The ability to think strategically and make smart decisions
- The ability to work efficiently in a fast paced environment and to meet strict deadlines
- The ability to work without direct supervision and as part of a team.
- Experience using a web content management system and/or HTML is preferred
- Experience with Apple products is preferred.
OTHER INFORMATION AND ATTRIBUTES:
Occasional weekend and/or after-hours work required
Supports the work and efforts of colleagues in achieving the institutional mission
Contributes creatively and helpfully to setting and meeting departmental and institutional goals.
Seeks innovative, cost-effective solutions to departmental challenges.
Candidates should submit an application, cover letter, and resume to Human Resources at HR@centralmethodist.edu.
CMU employees provide collegial, collaborative contributions to their areas and the University as a whole. They should stimulate a harmonious, productive and inviting work environment that is customer service oriented. Each must maintain a commitment to the mission and purposes of Central Methodist University.
Central Methodist University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.